Monday, August 1, 2011

Our poor little guy!

First of all, I would like to say I'm thankful for my sons health! He has nothing life threatening and things could be so much worse... On that note though, I just wish I could figure out how to make him feel better all of the time. When I was pregnant I made sure to do everything I could to ensure a healthy baby, and thats what we got, a very healthy baby! At 4 months things seemed to start changing for him. He started getting countless ear infections, which turned into ear tubes (twice, once at 8 months and again at 16 months) croup (spelling), rotovirus, mouth sores, bronchitis (multiple times) strep throat, and now he battles something similar to asthma. It flares up really bad when we're around smoke, whether it's someone smoking or a campfire. The doctors never have told me what he has, just that he needs breathing treatments frequently. I feel like this kid has been introduced to more medicine than any 2 year old should. He sure is a trooper though, he takes his meds like a champ and doesn't mind his nebulizer treatments (most of the time). I'm tired of him having to deal with all that is thrown at him. I know one day things will be better and all I can do is go day to day. I often read blogs of people with children that are either very sick, injured, or not with us anymore and I can't help but count my blessing so once again, I have to say...
I'm thankful for all I have and that I have a little boy to take care of!
Well, I'm off to bed! Have a great day! We are BLESSED!
Our little trooper, getting a breathing treatment.. Isn't he so cute!

3 comments:

Madi said...

Aw your poor little man :( Even though yeah it could be worse, I know that it can't be easy dealing with all that you have. your a great momma and he's lucky he's got you to take care of him :)

Brein said...

Poor lil dude! He's just a doll! When James was his age he had a lot of breathing problems too. The doc said they couldn't diagnose him with asthma until he was 5 years old because thats when he would be old enough to take the breathing test they use to diagnose him. So if your lil guy does have it they might not be able to tell you for sure until he's older. :( Hopefully he'll grow out of it. Jameson turning 3 really turned his breathing around, and he hasn't had any problems since. So I'm praying your little guy does too! Nothing is worse than seeing your children suffer, so I am so sorry for what your going through!!

*karen* said...

I'm sorry becky, that would be so hard. But, I know you are an amazing mom and he is lucky to have you to always take care of him.